Monday 10 October 2011

Presentation Formats & Base Layout for Final Assignment



Three A1 PDF's - Base Layout

The image is all three of them in a line so you can see the overall orientation as if there were printed out and placed next to each other.  As you can see it’s not finished and plans, sections, 3D model and elevations still need to be added. Envelopes represent places in which I will have interactive content such as animations and rollovers to other content. I really like the three large images as they are of high quality captured in Crysis to custom set dimensions. The reason I have them off grid and in unique shapes is because my re-envisioned piece of architecture also follows this same expression of design. For example the roof is pitched high, and the overall balance is challenged of the entire structure. Text images and other content below will however follow a grid. Texts will me in columns for each of my ideas and images will be aligned with each other. Overall the poster challenges traditional layouts as I didn’t want a poster that simply everyone looks at and can see the layout straight away. I want their eyes to gaze from left to right as if they are in the environment looking at a large panorama of my piece of architecture. Information comes second, shown beneath as it does not interrupt the main concept design. This is more structured. A white background reinforces simplicity as the more you show the less complicated the concept becomes. It is also a lot easier on the eyes to register information a white background as we are so used to it.   
 
Presentation Formats

1. Interactive Poster:
The interactive poster will showcase the design in a digital PDF. The entire document will allow the viewer to engage with the re-envisioned design as the poster is no longer static. The interactive poster will also give new insight into ways to present an architectural concept. Due to information and text being small the entire poster may not be visualised, this will however be addressed by having a print medium as well.

2. Print Poster: The print poster gives the opportunity to see the entire poster in full sight. Interactive contend will be removed and replaced with high quality renders to portray the design as a static form. The Poster will also allow viewers to have broader knowledge I what my design looks like when I am going through my interactive poster during my presentation.

3. Short Film: (max 2 mins long) A shirt film will end my presentation as the third format. It will pan through my design and various aspects/ideas I have focused on. For example balance/stability, structural exposure, and light vs. shadows. I will have a custom developed walk through in Crysis Sandbox to show the design in real time as if the design could be engaged with if it was built today.

No comments:

Post a Comment